The regular meeting of the Jersey County Board of Health was held November 28, 2017 in the Board Room of Jersey County Health Department.
Approval of September 26, 2017 Meeting Minutes: The minutes were approved.
Member Terms: Doug King reported that he had received notice from Mr. Don Little, Chairman of the Jersey County Board on 3 appointments to the Board of Health. Sheri Heitzig, Pastor Ken Fields, and Wayne Schell have all been appointed for 3 years until November, 2020.
Election of Officers for Fiscal Year 2018: Officers for Fiscal Year 2018 are as follows:
- President – Dr. Leo Dizon
- Vice-President – Nancy Griffith
- Secretary – Sheri Heitzig
Board of Health Committee Members: The Fiscal Year 2018 committee members are as follows:
- Personnel – Nancy Griffith, Sheri Heitzig, and Doug King
- Budget – Ben Goetten and Doug King
- Environmental Health – Ben Goetten and Doug King
- Building – Doug King
- Insurance – Defer to Personnel Committee
Personnel Committee Report: The Personnel Committee Report and their recommendations were approved. Highlights are as follows:
- Employee updates
- Insurance – recommend health insurance rate for the benefit year 2018 increased 14.7% from2017. Personnel committee recommends to accept updated 2018 insurance plan. Plan still in “transitional relief” from the affordable care act.
- Personnel Policies – Recommends and agrees with the PAC committee’s recommendation of approving the Drug Testing Policy update.
Environmental Health Report: The Environmental Health report which included statistics for the Food, Sewage, Water and Vector programs was approved.
Proessional Advisory Committee Report: The PAC report and recommendations were approved. Highlights are as follows:
- Approval of PAC FY2018 Officers: Peggy Hall, President and Rhonda Dougherty, Secretary.
- Approval of the Board of Health Bylaw review with no changes.
- Approval of the updated Drug Testing Policy with a recommendation for addendum to Drug Testing Policy in regards to expansion of drug testing requirements. This addendum will be discussed at a later date.
- Approval of the Clinical Record Review, Continuous Quality Improvement, Quality Assurance and Corporate Compliance reports.
- Approval of the Nursing and Administrative Report.
Nest Meeting: The next meeting will be held March 27, 2018.
The meeting adjourned at 12:20 p.m.